The Executive Committee of CSBBCS / SCSCCC serves as the Tees Award Committee. In making its determination, the committee will consider the following criteria and other factors pertinent to leadership and service to the CSBBCS / SCSCCC community:
- Advancement and administration of the Canadian Society for Brain, Behavior, and Cognitive Science.
- Contributions to the training of students and technical staff in psychology both at one's own institution and nation-wide.
- Advancement of research and scholarship by involvement with granting agencies that fund research concerning brain, behaviour, and cognition.
- Contributions to Canadian journals of psychology.
- Advancement of research and scholarship by basic and applied scientific contributions to the discipline.
- Promotion of interaction between CSBBCS / SCSCCC and other psychology organizations and direct service to the latter organizations.
- Promotion of scientific and administrative collaborations that advance the causes of the scientific study of brain, behaviour, and cognition.
This will not be an annual award but will be awarded by the CSBBCS / SCSCCC Executive to recognize extraordinary leadership and service to the CSBBCS / SCSCCC community.
2022: Randy Jamieson
2021: Valerie Thompson
2020: Jean Saint-Aubin
2019: Debra Titone
2018: Aimée Surprenant
2017: Colin MacLeod
2016: Penny Pexman
2014: Peter Graf
2012: Raymond Klein
2011: Julien Doyon
2010: Michael Masson
2008: Melvyn Goodale
2007: Vincent Di Lollo
2006: Lorraine G. Allan
2005: Franco Lepore
2004: Richard C. Tees